One step forward, one step back. I was super excited that I finally got the driveshaft into the Mustang, at long last. Well, this evening, I took it back out.
The little clips holding the brake line and the fuel line underneath the car and in the transmission tunnel are kicking my ass. After hooking up the parking brake, I decided that I needed more space in order to deal with the clips, so I undid the parking brake and removed the driveshaft. I still haven’t managed to remove those little clips yet. Fuck me.
At this rate, I don’t stand a chance of getting this car running in time for the local autocross this weekend.
The frustrating thing is that there really isn’t all that much left keeping the car from driving out of the garage. It’s just literally taking me weeks upon weeks to do simple things that most competent wrenches could turn out in a single weekend. Here’s the list of things I need to do to make the car drivable:
- Install the driveshaft.
- Hook up the parking brake.
- Install the exhaust/
- Tuck in the wiring underneath the dash.
- Replace the brake lines, bleed the braking system.
- Hook up and bleed the clutch hydraulics.
- Install the center console and shift lever.
- Install the seats.
Like I said, not much needs to be done. At this rate, though, it’s gonna take me another three weeks to finish the car…